Cybercrime & Digital Threats
- September 13, 2018Security researchers uncovered a new exploit kit, which they’ve named Fallout, delivering downloader trojans, potentially unwanted applications (PUAs), and notably the GandCrab ransomware.
- September 06, 2018CamuBot (detected by Trend Micro as TrojanSpy.Win32.CAMUBOT.A), is a recently discovered banking Trojan that targets business-class bank users in Brazil using a blend of phishing and malware techniques.
- September 05, 2018Cybercriminals hack legitimate email accounts to enter the IT premises of an organization and carry out attacks ranging from fraud and spying to information and identity theft. Find out how AI and machine learning can be used to outsmart email hackers.
- September 03, 2018A hacking campaign was uncovered that has so far affected more than 7,339 websites running on the Magento e-commerce platform. The attacks involve injecting MagentoCore, a malicious payment card data-stealing script, into the affected websites.
- September 03, 2018We discovered a fileless cryptocurrency mining malware (Fileless-DASKUS) variant back in February that uses PowerShell (PS) to perform its routine.
- September 03, 2018Trend Micro researchers recently discovered a new spam campaign being distributed with a downloader under the guise of a .WIZ which then drops a backdoor payload. This spam campaign has been noted to target financial institutions.
- August 29, 2018A campaign targeting Peruvian banks involve the use of phishing emails intended to lure victims via clickable links advertising Bitcoin.
- August 21, 2018A Nigerian man was convicted after using phishing scams in an attempt to steal over $6 million dollars from employees of several targeted US colleges and universities.
- August 20, 2018We discovered spam mails abusing EGG (.egg) files to deliver the GandCrab v4.3 ransomware. Additionally, the operators behind the spam mails appear to be specifically going after South Korean users, as evidenced by the use of Hangul in the spam mails.