Cybercrime & Digital Threats
- November 29, 2018Advertising for legal services is slowly but surely advancing. Lawyers first won the right to advertise in newspapers, then they progressed to phone books, and now they have moved online.
- November 29, 2018A Node.js module with nearly two million downloads a week was compromised after the library was injected with malicious code programmed to steal bitcoins in wallet apps.
- November 27, 2018In our continued exploration of the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) underground, we noticed several changes since our previous investigation. Cybercriminals started using a new form of communication to transact, and the stolen goods-to-cash ecosystem sudde
- November 22, 2018As people prepare for Thanksgiving meals and Black Friday deals, cybercriminals prep to take advantage of the holidays to spread malware — and not holiday cheer — to unsuspecting victims with a spam campaign and a Black Friday phishing scam.
- November 12, 2018Consumers are increasingly turning to online shopping to get their holiday lists done. Unfortunately, cybercriminals are also expected to take advantage of the consumer rush. Here's how you can protect yourself this shopping season.
- November 08, 2018We recently encountered a cryptocurrency-mining malware affecting Linux systems. It is notable for being bundled with a rootkit component that hides the malicious process’ presence from monitoring tools.
- November 07, 2018An event like the World Cup raises security issues, and it's not just about the need to physically secure everything from the venues and the audience to the players and delegates -- digital security is just as important.
- October 30, 2018Securing energy and water should remain top priority in the continuing integration of the industrial internet of things in these critical sectors.
- October 29, 2018To move forward, we need to look into the past to figure out what the best course of action is. Take a trip down memory lane with this infographic to see how far we've come in securing the digital world.