- September 16, 2019A new family of malware with an apparent connection to the notorious Ryuk ransomware was uncovered — but instead of encrypting files, they were found targeting government-, military-, and finance-related files.
- September 02, 2019Dubai and Taiwan were hit by two separate ransomware attacks. Several hospitals in Taiwan and a Dubai-based contracting firm were affected.
- August 27, 2019A new ransomware family dubbed “Nemty” for the extension it adds to encrypted files has recently surfaced in the wild.
- August 27, 2019Our midyear security roundup highlights threats that made their mark in the first half of 2019, and provides security insights to help users and organizations determine the right solutions and defense strategies against them.
- August 19, 2019The Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR) recently reported that the systems of 23 organizations in the state, mainly smaller local governments, were affected by ransomware attacks.
- August 12, 2019According to a new report, ransomware attacks against businesses increased by 363% percent year-over-year. There has also been a greater number of ransomware attacks targeting different public sectors and local governments since the start of 2019.
- August 05, 2019Reports of SYRK and STOP ransomware variants encrypting files on infected machines started off the month. Meanwhile, ENTSCRYPT aka GermanWiper, is a fileless ransomware and wiper that makes file retrieval impossible.
- August 02, 2019Lodi, California confirmed that the phone line and data systems disruptions it suffered months back was caused by a ransomware. The ransomware entered the city’s system disguised as an invoice attachment in an email to city staff.
- July 29, 2019Three ransomware attacks from last week caused notable disruptions on institutions from different public sectors, namely on an energy company, a law enforcement agency, and several public schools.