- January 31, 2017Cybercriminals can turn unsecure home routers into slaves for their botnets or even abuse them to steal banking credentials. Know about your router’s hidden weaknesses and the many ways you can defend your homes and businesses against these threats.
- December 22, 2016“Leaking Beeps” is a series of studies by Trend Micro that aims to highlight a weakness in pager technology and how it can put critical activities of affected companies at risk.
- August 04, 2016This research paper highlights the flaws of the WPAD protocol, describes how it works, and why it is a serious security concern, especially under the altered conditions in today’s connected world.
- August 03, 2016Pwn2Own is all about owning systems/devices—a test of technical skill to see who the best hacker is. It also demonstrated how browsers and plug-ins can be used as effective attack vectors.
- August 06, 2015In the US and other locations worldwide, gas stations are primarily privately owned. While most of them have been modernized, there are still a lot of risks tied to their business, especially those that are connected to the Internet.
- March 16, 2015Exploit kits have been around since 2006, and have been continuously evolving to take advantage of vulnerabilities found on popular software. This research paper discusses what exploit kits are, how they work, and how they evolved over time.
- March 09, 2015BEDEP malware has recently gained notoriety in the threat landscape after it played a part in two different zero-day exploits affecting Adobe Flash in early 2015. This technical paper tackles its routines and capabilities, as well as its impact.
- February 17, 2015Microsoft has enabled a new exploit mitigation mechanism in Windows 10 and 8.1 called Control Flow Guard that makes vulnerabilities more difficult to exploit. This paper takes an in-depth look at its implementation and weaknesses.
- December 16, 2014This Trend Micro paper introduces the Automatic Identification Systems (AIS) used in the maritime industry, and provides a general overview of the technology as well as its identified vulnerabilities and threats.