Tax Season Threats
- April 13, 2016Stanford University employees could be vulnerable to tax fraud and identity theft after hackers reportedly downloaded W-2 forms from a third-party service.
- April 07, 2016The IRS issued another security warning regarding an uptick of phishing cases targeting residents of Washington D.C., Maryland, and Virginia.
- April 04, 2016Tax information thieves are on the prowl—yet again—with attacks that continue to trick organizations into giving up W-2 tax information.
- March 29, 2016A spear-phishing attack on Tidewater Community College compromised tax information of 3,000 employees, exposing them risks of tax fraud.
- March 24, 2016Tax information of 21,000 employees of Sprouts Farmers Market are at risk after a phishing attack successfully lured a payroll employee to send 2015 W-2 forms to an unknown recipient.
- March 08, 2016Storage device manufacturing company Seagate, announced a successful phishing attack that placed a number of present and former employees at risk of potential tax fraud.
- April 15, 2015This research paper provides an in-depth look at noteworthy IRS tax scam components, how they work, and how taxpayers can avoid becoming victims of fraud.
- March 17, 2015Online and offline threats abound during tax season. The latest: calls from fake IRS agents taking advantage of unsuspecting victims, reportedly scaring their victims into paying up.
- March 06, 2015Cybercriminals are once again taking advantage of tax season, and besides phishing pages, they've got another nasty surprise up their sleeves for taxpayers in the ANZ region: Torrentlocker.