- February 20, 2018A new ransomware called BlackRuby was discovered with a unique feature: besides encrypting files for ransom, it also installs a Monero cryptominer.
- February 13, 2018Two cryptocurrency incidents made the news recently: one concerning a new campaign from the threat actor known as the Lazarus Group, and the other involving a scam by one of the many new cryptocurrency startups.
- January 22, 2018Activists have traditionally used physical signs and catchy slogans to promote their political agenda, but the internet offers a significantly broader audience, so these activities have since moved online.
- January 22, 2018OnePlus recently confirmed that its website was breached and up to 40,000 users had their credit card data stolen by cybercriminals.
- January 17, 2018Hancock Health, a regional hospital in Indiana, paid a $55,000 ransom following a ransomware attack that infected the hospital’s systems and hindered its operations.
- January 03, 2018The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) confirmed a data breach that compromised the information of 250,000 DHS individuals involved in ongoing DHS criminal investigations.
- December 22, 2017TRITON or TRISIS (detected by Trend Micro as TROJ_TRISIS.A) is a recently discovered malware that was designed to manipulate industrial safety systems and most notably was involved in shutting down an industrial plant’s operations.
- December 07, 2017Cryptocurrency-mining marketplace NiceHash confirmed that the contents stored in its Bitcoin wallet were stolen. The losses reportedly amount to nearly 4,700 bitcoins, or US$64 million.
- November 08, 2017Pawn Storm made headlines again after security researchers shed light on its latest cyberespionage campaign, which involves a malware-ridden Word document that uses the recent incident in New York as a social engineering hook.