- March 15, 2013This research paper illustrates who’s really attacking Internet-facing ICS/SCADA systems and why. It also covers techniques to secure ICS/SCADA systems and some best practices to do so.
- March 15, 2013Research on Internet-facing ICS/SCADA systems, who’s really attacking them, and why.
- February 21, 2013So you've been hit by a targeted attack. The problem? You don't even know it yet. Targeted attacks continue to thrive within a system via hidden modes of communication. The faster a company catches these exchanges, the faster they are to stop.
- February 21, 2013Once inside a network, targeted attacks can use it as a highway to further a campaign. By using network traffic, coupled with threat intelligence, enterprise response teams can monitor and stop attacks before their respective attackers get away with their goal
- February 15, 2013Stealth gives an attacker the ultimate advantage against his targets. Once successfully placed inside his victim’s network, an attacker’s tools become his eyes and ears, which he can use to send and receive information that will further his campaign.
- February 15, 2013In terms of security, an enterprise is only as strong as his weakest employee. Uninformed, reckless, and disgruntled employees can be the unwitting cause of a targeted attack. Strict employee policies and education programs should be enterprise priorities.
- February 15, 2013With threat actors relying on open-source information for their social engineering attacks, businesses will have to weigh in on what’s more important: securing their company or improving their online presence. Striking a balance between the two might prove tri
- February 12, 2013Ninety-six percent of enterprises think they know what targeted attack campaigns are. But studies show that more than half can't even differentiate between traditional threats and actual attacks. How far is enterprise perception on their targeted attack pr
- November 15, 2012Data Breach 101: What it is, how is it done, possible causes, and how should enterprises and consumers handle them.