News & Updates
- January 25, 2019We detail how a trojan spyware gathers and steals data disguised as TeamViewer, the popular file-sharing and communication program that also lets IT teams remotely access device of enterprise employees.
- January 18, 2019A new variant of the ransomware JobCrypter was observed in the wild, sending desktop screenshots of the infected machine to an email address and encrypting files twice.
Attacks Against Industrial Machines via Vulnerable Radio Remote Controllers: Security Analysis and RecommendationsJanuary 15, 2019Radio frequency (RF) technology is being used in operations to control various industrial machines. However, the lack of implemented security in RF communication protocols could lead to production sabotage, system control, and unauthorized access.
- January 14, 2019While underground forums have long been the purview of digital or internet-enabled crimes, recent developments have shown signs of increasing synergy and interaction between traditional criminals and cybercrime actors.
- January 08, 2019We found a wave of MongoLock ransomware attacks that immediately deletes important files upon infection and scans the backup drives for data deletion.
- January 07, 2019Although the general public thinks of underground forums as a place where scams and suspicious dealings are rampant, the opposite is usually true: the threat actors who inhabit these sites often consider their reputation a major asset.
- December 20, 2018Fileless threats aren’t as visible compared to traditional malware and employ a variety of techniques to stay persistent. Here's a closer look at how fileless malware work and what can be done to thwart them.
- December 20, 2018Security plays a crucial role in creating and operating smart factories. By identifying the building blocks of IIoT security, organizations can plan and implement strong security measures for smart factory systems.