Cybercrime & Digital Threats
- May 08, 2019The sustained prevalence of brand impersonation in phishing attacks is further demonstrated in a new report which listed the most impersonated brands in the first quarter of 2019.
- May 07, 2019A new ransomware dubbed MegaCortex has been targeting business networks across the world. The sudden surge in activity was noted by cybersecurity firms and researchers, and further investigation shows how complex this particular ransomware is.
- May 06, 2019More than 1.5 million malicious and spam emails were sent from thousands of compromised Office 365 accounts in March 2019 alone, a new report reveals.
- May 03, 2019Microsoft is changing their baseline for password-expiration policies in Windows. The proposal is a move from the previous policy that requires users to change their login passwords periodically.
- May 02, 2019BEC threat actors are expanding from their traditional enterprise victims toward nonprofit and religious organizations, with a recent incident involving a church.
- April 30, 2019In an email sent to their customers on April 26, Docker reported that the online repository of their popular container platform suffered a data breach that affected 190,000 users.
- April 25, 2019The IC3 received 20,373 BEC/email account compromise (EAC) complaints that racked up a total of over US$1.2 billion in adjusted losses.
- April 25, 2019The source code of the notorious Carbanak backdoor, which was linked to several high-profile data breaches, was found on the VirusTotal platform. What does this mean to enterprises?
- April 24, 2019Trend Micro researchers uncovered a sextortion scheme targeting Italian-speaking users. The scheme is notable in that the hackers are now also using Bitcoin Cash as one of their preferred cryptocurrencies.