Cybercrime & Digital Threats
- June 19, 2019Baltimore City and County governments, Ohio-based NEO Urology, and Talley Medical Surgical Eyecare in Indiana are still in recovery efforts after ransomware incidents caused daily operations to be temporarily suspended.
- June 14, 2019Two hacking groups have been spotted attacking vulnerable Exim email servers, trying to exploit CVE-2019-10149. One group uses a public internet server, and another a server on the dark web.
- June 13, 2019Fortune 500 company Quest Diagnostics, LabCorp, and billing provider American Medical Collection Agency (AMCA) are facing multiple class-action lawsuits after cybercriminals breached the web payment page of AMCA over an eight-month period.
- June 11, 2019Two major breaches, one at the US Custom and Border Protection and another a a retro gaming site, highlight the need for effective data protection.
- June 10, 2019An active Microsoft Office and Wordpad spam campaign is targeting European users with files that allow attackers to exploit the CVE-2017-11882 vulnerability.
- June 06, 2019The ransomware evolution continues: 2019 data shows changes in volume of threats and a shift in targets. New evasion techniques and distribution methods are also being deployed by malware creators.
- May 30, 2019HawkEye Reborn v8.0 and v9.0, the latest iterations of the old but notorious keylogging malware, were spotted in spam campaigns targeting business users.
- May 28, 2019Phishing schemes and rogue mobile applications continued to be heavily used by cybercriminals to defraud users and organizations in the first quarter of 2019, according to new report.
- May 27, 2019Security researchers saw a spate of attacks targeting Windows servers running unsecure or misconfigured MySQL databases to infect them with the GandCrab ransomware.