Vulnerabilities & Exploits
- August 03, 2016Pwn2Own is all about owning systems/devices—a test of technical skill to see who the best hacker is. It also demonstrated how browsers and plug-ins can be used as effective attack vectors.
- July 28, 2016Various business websites were recently hijacked to deliver crypto-ransomware to visitors. Why do attackers repeat the cycle of compromising legitimate websites via exploit kits, malware and vulnerable software?
- June 15, 2016Vetted hackers who participated in the Department of Defense’s ‘Hack the Pentagon’ bug bounty program uncovered over 100 security flaws in its public websites.
- June 14, 2016A security informatics team in John Hopkins University has raised concerns over the security of drones (unmanned aerial vehicles or UAVs) after it hijacked one and sent it crashing.
- June 07, 2016Google has released their latest monthly Android security update, addressing critical security flaws. Here’s what you need to know.
- June 07, 2016Researchers discover a security loophole that potentially puts users of widely-used Mitsubishi Outlander at risk.
- June 03, 2016Lenovo advises its customers to uninstall vulnerable preloaded software which could lead to dangerous man-in-the-middle attacks.
- June 01, 2016Security flaws found in LG’s mobile devices running on a custom Android OS. The vulnerability can be exploited to steal data, install malware and hijack the device, and even completely ‘brick’ it.
- May 31, 2016A cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability found in the Jetpack plug-in of the popular content management system WordPress puts over a million websites using it at risk of getting their admin accounts hijacked.