Vulnerabilities & Exploits
- January 31, 2017What makes routers susceptible to attacks? Users normally overlook the important fact that their routers serve as entryways to all connected devices.
- December 20, 2016A major vulnerability was discovered in several popular Netgear routers that could leave thousands of home networking devices exposed to arbitrary command injection.
- December 18, 2016The most notable cybersecurity incidents of the past year, from the biggest data breaches and most expensive attacks to the most persistent attackers and impactful malware.
- October 12, 2016Ransomware has already raked in around US$209 million from enterprises alone in the first quarter of 2016. Unfortunately, it's just one of the many possible threat types that exploit kits can deliver to vulnerable systems.
- August 23, 2016Ransomware and BEC scams lead the wave of threats that are turning 2016 into the Year of Online Extortion. Learn how these have changed the landscape and how organizations can protect themselves in our midyear security roundup.
- August 11, 2016Google's Chrome 53 will effectively begin to block Flash in September. How will this move affect the Web?
- August 10, 2016Security researchers have been exposing smart car vulnerabilities for years, showing how susceptible they are to hackers. The automotive industry has since implemented robust cybersecurity practices while governments take steps to enact new legislation.
- August 08, 2016The latest hacks on Ubuntu, Clash of Kings, Warframe, and most recently, Disney’s Playdom have two things in common—all are running vBulletin. Learn more.
- August 04, 2016This research paper highlights the flaws of the WPAD protocol, describes how it works, and why it is a serious security concern, especially under the altered conditions in today’s connected world.