Business Email Compromise
- March 20, 2018As environments become progressively interconnected, threats become increasingly complicated. The top security events of the past year make this apparent — and their repercussions make the implementation of smart protections all the more important.
Trend Micro Cloud App Security 2017 Report: Boosting the Security of Office 365 by Blocking 3.4 Million High-Risk ThreatsMarch 20, 2018We looked into the state of email threats and security in 2017 to provide a clearer picture of what organizations are up against — and what can protect them.
- January 18, 2018We looked at BEC-related incidents over a span of nine months to see emerging and present trends from BEC incidents, examine the tools and techniques used by cybercriminals, and analyze the data to give us an overall picture of what BEC looks like today.
- December 05, 2017Today's increasingly interconnected environments pave the way for threats that will bank on systems' weaknesses for different forms of cybercrime. How can you prepare for the year ahead?
- September 11, 2017Major events shook the global threat landscape in the first half of 2017. Our midyear security roundup covers the old and the new, from ransomware and BEC scams to potential attacks against industrial robots.
- August 25, 2017This primer discusses how Business Email Compromise makes inroads in small- to medium-sized businesses and enterprises and how to avoid being a victim of this billion-dollar scam.
Business Process Compromise, Business Email Compromise, and Targeted Attacks: What’s the Difference?June 20, 2017How do we distinguish Business Process Compromise (BPC) from targeted attacks? Can Business Email Compromise (BEC) be considered BPC? All three share similarities, but knowing their distinctions can help enterprises fine-tune their defensive measures.
- February 28, 2017The 2016 threat landscape was riddled with threats that set new record highs: new ransomware families, BEC scams across the world, and vulnerabilities found in widely used platforms. Stay ahead of the current business threats with our latest security roundup.
- January 30, 2017Organizations can step up their defenses against CEO fraud by knowing how to identify the signs that an e-mail is being used for the scam. What are the signs to watch out for?