- November 14, 2014Microsoft released 16 security updates during its Patch Tuesday release for November 2014, including one for the Windows OLE Automation Array Remote Code Execution Vulnerability that affects almost all Windows versions.
- October 29, 2014A new Shellshock attack targeting SMTP servers has been discovered. Attackers used email to deliver the exploit, which downloads and executes an IRC Bot.
- October 26, 2014Zero-day exploits aren't the only exploits used in the targeted attack landscape. In the first half of 2014, we also found out that attackers still heavily target older vulnerabilities.
- October 22, 2014Despite the availability of fixes related to the Sandworm vulnerability (CVE-2014-4114), new attacks related to this flaw are still being spotted. These attacks contain a new routine that could prevent detection.
- October 21, 2014We've seen malware that takes advantage of cloud-based sharing sites such as DropBox, Sendspace, and Evernote. Add Google Drive to that list. We recently came across malware that uses Google Drive as one way of siphoning information from its victims.
- October 20, 2014Recent data breaches in big enterprises make one thing clear: data privacy and protection is a concern for all organizations, not just large ones. Data privacy isn't just a “big business“ problem. Even smaller organizations are at risk.
- October 20, 2014Smart locks are very convenient devices that allow users to lock or unlock doors remotely or detect break-ins remotely. But are they secure enough?
- October 15, 2014While the Internet of Everything is designed to make life easier with the use of interconnected networks and devices, you still have to remember that there are many ways your data can be misused or compromised.