- January 08, 2015There's a significant increase in the number of spammed messages with links that lead to various Russian dating sites. While these types of messages are fairly common, this recent wave is unusual in several ways.
- December 26, 2014A collaboration between Trend Micro and Facebook found attacks that actively attempt to exploit an existing vulnerability. The attack targets Facebook users via a link in a particular page that leads to a malicious site.
- December 06, 2014A look into the other WIPALL malware variants that may be linked to the Sony Pictures incident, including a variant that disables the running antivirus application and another that displays a warning message.
- December 05, 2014How did hackers manage to drop a “warning“ wallpaper into Sony Pictures' office computers? With a malware family that we've seen before.
- November 28, 2014A new point-of-sale (PoS) malware family has been detected, which is making the rounds just in time for this year’s holiday shopping weekend.
- November 25, 2014Reports have implicated a sophisticated piece of malware known as Regin that has been in use for years. Designed to carry out long-term stealthy surveillance on would-be victims, telecom companies are believed to have been its primary targets.
- November 19, 2014Microsoft has released an out-of-band security bulletin (MS14-068) that addresses a vulnerability in various versions of Windows, stating that the vulnerability is already being used in “limited, targeted attacks”.
- November 19, 2014For many organizations, the question is no longer if they fall victim to a targeted attack, but when. In such an event, how an organization responds will determine whether it becomes a serious event or if it stays a mere annoyance.
- November 19, 2014Point-of-Sale terminals and environments are very often left insecure, making them excellent targets. Here is a look into some of the tools and methods used by PoS threat actors.