- September 14, 2017There is no panacea for building a hacker-proof firewall, but there are things that can be done to streamline its management. These best practices provide a starting point for managing your firewall—so you and your company don’t get burned.
- September 11, 2017A bug recently found in the Windows kernel can purportedly prevent AV/security software from identifying malware. Here’s what you need to know.
- August 31, 2017Based on its growing popularity, biometric authentication is here to stay. However, its prevalence also comes with rising concerns about the technology's level of security, and the possible implications that can stem from it if compromised.
- June 01, 2017Filess malware that abuse Windows’ PowerShell are now increasingly becoming more common—from ransomware, click-fraud malware to Trojan downloaders. Here’s a closer look on how to mitigate these threats.
- April 03, 2017Sandboxes are typically the last line of defense for many traditional security solutions. For elusive malware that can escape them, however, not just any sandbox will do.
- February 24, 2016MasterCard ups the ante on mobile payment security with a new app that lets users verify online payments with a selfie.
- November 26, 2015The recent US rollout of the EMV standard has America looking at their new cards, wondering what this new technology can do. With this new payment processing method, will we finally see a decline in fraudulent credit card activities?
- October 12, 2015As merchants in the US adapt the new EMV payment system, should we expect to see less fraud cases? Could it have prevented the notorious Target breach of 2013?
- September 28, 2015From traditional credit cards to next-gen payment processing technologies such as EMV cards and mobile wallets, here's a look at how they work, as well as their advantages and disadvantages.