- June 19, 2019Baltimore City and County governments, Ohio-based NEO Urology, and Talley Medical Surgical Eyecare in Indiana are still in recovery efforts after ransomware incidents caused daily operations to be temporarily suspended.
- June 06, 2019The ransomware evolution continues: 2019 data shows changes in volume of threats and a shift in targets. New evasion techniques and distribution methods are also being deployed by malware creators.
- May 27, 2019Security researchers saw a spate of attacks targeting Windows servers running unsecure or misconfigured MySQL databases to infect them with the GandCrab ransomware.
- May 21, 2019Ransomware's persistence is perhaps best embodied by a relatively new breed of ransomware, Ryuk, which has been making waves recently with multiple incidents occurring over the past year.
- May 07, 2019A new ransomware dubbed MegaCortex has been targeting business networks across the world. The sudden surge in activity was noted by cybersecurity firms and researchers, and further investigation shows how complex this particular ransomware is.
- April 23, 2019Ransomware's destructive impact still makes it a significant threat, with the latest spate of attacks crippling several counties and municipalities in the U.S.
- April 18, 2019A ransomware family was recently spotted targeting vulnerable Samba servers: NamPoHyu Virus aka MegaLocker Virus. NamPoHyu Virus searches for publicly accessible Samba servers, brute-forces them, and runs the ransomware locally to encrypt the exposed servers.
- April 08, 2019A severe ransomware attack has crippled operations of local government offices in Genesee County, Michigan. More severe than originally thought, services are still stalled after almost a week. The county reports that data has not been taken.
- April 08, 2019Tax season is upon us (again), and so are IRS tax scammers. How prepared are you when it comes to filing your taxes and defending against IRS tax fraud? Learn more about these scams and how you can protect yourself.