- December 20, 2017While ransomware’s routines are a familiar territory, 2017 brought with it scale and scope. Here are this year’s notable ransomware and the lessons they taught.
- December 05, 2017Today's increasingly interconnected environments pave the way for threats that will bank on systems' weaknesses for different forms of cybercrime. How can you prepare for the year ahead?
- November 27, 2017A rundown of the latest ransomware variants and families making the rounds: qKG, Scarab, WannaDie, and Katafrack
- November 03, 2017A ransomware campaign hit Eastern European transport systems and media outlets last week with what appears to be a variant of the Petya ransomware called Bad Rabbit.
- October 25, 2017The Bad Rabbit ransomware is hitting organizations across Russia and Ukraine. Initial analysis shows that it is similar to Petya, which made headlines just this June. We take a look at how it spreads and encrypts its targets.
- October 17, 20172017 has seen a 2,502 percent growth in the ransomware dark web economy. The same research also found over 6,300 places where cybercriminals had advertised ransomware services, along with over 45,000 ads.
- October 02, 2017New developments in the ransomware landscape show that cybercriminals are still dedicating time and resources to improving old variants and creating new families. This week we see new capabilities that make ransomware an even bigger threat.
- September 21, 2017A large campaign is underway that i using spam emails to infect users with a LOCKY ransomware variant.
- September 15, 2017This week's recap covers CRYPSHED, as well as a campaign that delivers both LOCKY and FAKEGLOBE.