- March 24, 2015Sextortion operations aren't new, but a new modus operandi that makes use of malware and mobile devices is emerging in East Asia. This research paper offers an in-depth look at the operation, its perpetrators, as well as their tools and methods.
- March 19, 2015This research paper offers a look into the activities and methods used by Rocket Kitten, a group behind cyber attacks on Israeli and European organizations
- January 23, 2015A demonstration of how TorrentLocker works, from infection to extortion. Made possible by joint research efforts with Deakin University (AU), this video aims to show how devices get infected, and how to avoid becoming a victim.
- January 07, 2015It’s never too late to rethink your habits when it comes to protecting your online security. Start securing your computing habits by making password management an essential aspect of your digital life.
- December 16, 2014This Trend Micro paper introduces the Automatic Identification Systems (AIS) used in the maritime industry, and provides a general overview of the technology as well as its identified vulnerabilities and threats.
- December 15, 2014Before you pack up to go on vacation for the holidays, keep these tips in mind to make sure you don't become a victim of cybercrime.
- December 08, 2014While Sony recovers from the massive hack, we continue to monitor investigations and developments. Here's a rundown of what happened, what was stolen, who’s being implicated, and tips on how you can defend against likely attacks. [updated]
- December 05, 2014How did hackers manage to drop a “warning“ wallpaper into Sony Pictures' office computers? With a malware family that we've seen before.
- December 03, 2014Dealing with attacks, intrusions, and data thefts is now a part of doing business for many organizations. The recent attack on Sony Pictures highlights the importance of proper incident response.