- June 26, 2015Some of the most interesting numbers gathered from Trend Micro's latest research into the Deep Web, including prices of illegal goods and criminal services, and the value of hacked accounts.
- June 16, 2015This Trend Micro research paper highlights how cybercriminals are able to use unsophisticated software to execute high-impact attacks.
- June 01, 2015For most users, the Visible Web is all that they'll ever need, where information, products, and services can be readily accessed or searched for. But little is known about the Deep Web. What is it? How does it work? Is it legal? Is it real?
- April 15, 2015This research paper provides an in-depth look at noteworthy IRS tax scam components, how they work, and how taxpayers can avoid becoming victims of fraud.
- April 13, 2015Trend Micro Senior Director of Forward Looking Research Martin Roesler explains the importance of collaboration between private institutions and public agencies to battle cybercrime.
- April 10, 2015A closer look at a one-man operation that managed to steal more than 22,000 credit card numbers in a month using PoS malware. Learn more about the changing dynamics of the underground PoS malware economy in this research paper.
- March 24, 2015Sextortion operations aren't new, but a new modus operandi that makes use of malware and mobile devices is emerging in East Asia. This research paper offers an in-depth look at the operation, its perpetrators, as well as their tools and methods.
- March 19, 2015This research paper offers a look into the activities and methods used by Rocket Kitten, a group behind cyber attacks on Israeli and European organizations
- January 23, 2015A demonstration of how TorrentLocker works, from infection to extortion. Made possible by joint research efforts with Deakin University (AU), this video aims to show how devices get infected, and how to avoid becoming a victim.