- August 28, 2012The ICS-CERT released a comprehensive review of its first 26 months in operation, revealing a sharp rise in the amount of reported cyberattacks in that time.
- August 18, 2012The Taidoor campaign primarily targeted government organizations located in Taiwan. Trend Micro Research was able to develop indicators of compromise useful in determining if an attack is underway in an enterprise.
- August 13, 2012Trend Micro cyber security vice president Tom Kellerman says organizations must change the way they think about security when dealing with targeted attacks. Their IT teams must always assume compromise and build their company’s strategies from there.
- July 02, 2012ICS environments share a common fate —- they are not “traditional” IT network environments and should not be treated as such.
- May 24, 2012The term targeted attack has become a buzz term in the security industry; its growing popularity, caused by a steady stream of reported incidents. But do people really know every step involved in a well-planned targeted attack campaign?
- May 22, 2012The IXESHE attackers are notable for their use of compromised machines within a target’s internal network as C&C servers. While the malware used in the attacks were not very complicated by nature, these proved very effective. This campaign remains an activ
- March 26, 2012The Taidoor campaign primarily targeted government organizations located in Taiwan. Trend Micro Research was able to develop indicators of compromise useful in determining if an attack is underway in an enterprise.
- October 31, 2011Their use of social engineering, vulnerability exploits, a specialized malware not only make targeted attack campaigns high-priority threats, they also make them difficult to defend against. To mitigate such threats, a custom defense strategy is required.
- October 10, 2011The U.S. government held a mock cyberattack against a fictitious chemical company as part of the Department of Homeland Security's efforts to help private-sector companies prepare for and deal with cybersecurity issues.