- September 24, 2015The objective of spear phishing and phishing are ultimately the same—to trick a target into opening an attachment or click on a malicious embedded link. But what is spear phishing? Learn more from this article.
- September 24, 2015What is a targeted attack? What counts as one? What's the potential damage, and how can they be prevented? Here's what they truly are about, and why they need to be secured against.
- September 22, 2015A decade's worth of breaches has led to this. Forward-looking threat researcher Numaan Huq analyzes what has happened to the stolen data affecting major US industries. We map out the probabilities; see where the information goes and how much it's sold.
- September 01, 2015This latest paper details the latest activities of Rocket Kitten, a threat actor group involved in Operation Woolen-Goldfish last March, and how they've been found to be attacking multiple targets in the Middle East.
- August 17, 2015While not done for profit, hacktivism has forced companies and organizations to face critical security challenges. Find out what it is and how it evolved from being the “Internet’s voice” to one of today's biggest security threats.
- August 14, 2015Between 2012 and 2014, the cyber-attacks on the healthcare industry caused it to suffer more than business, government, and military sectors. Attacks have only gotten bigger since then. What makes healthcare such ideal targets?
- August 05, 2015A custom honeypot was used to test the security of US automated gas tank systems. How are attackers abusing the system and which targets did they prefer?
- July 22, 2015What will the threat landscape look like in the next two years? How will it evolve? The "FuTuRology" project attempts to answer these questions in a series of articles that covers the future of threats to different industries.
- July 21, 2015Online "cheating network" Ashley Madison recently got hacked, and the hackers are threatening to expose its users' personal information unless their demands are met. The interesting part: They're not asking for money.