- January 15, 2016Another hotel chain, another data breach. Hyatt announced that their payment processing systems were compromised by malware, affecting 250 hotels across 50 countries.
- January 06, 2016Malware found in power suppliers' systems may be responsible for causing a massive power outage in Ukraine.
- December 01, 2015The defensive measures companies can take to respond to a targeted attack, from securing sensitive data to intrusion detection and forming an incident response team.
- November 11, 2015End-to-end encryption email service ProtonMail learned a costly lesson about cyber ransom tactics: just because hackers demanded a ransom, it doesn’t mean the attacks are going to stop once you pay up.
- November 09, 2015Well-designed attacks proceed in six components that show how attackers progress within their targets. Learn about the components that make for a successful campaign to know how to form a proper threat response plan.
- November 03, 2015PageFair confirmed a hack last Halloween weekend that rendered visitors of sites that used its free analytics service vulnerable to malware attacks.
- October 26, 2015UK internet provider TalkTalk has reported a breach, saying that hackers may have accessed and stolen a large quantity of data—not all of which were encrypted—before it was realized.
- October 22, 2015Exploring the motives behind targeted attacks, and why attacker groups spend so much time, effort, and resources to ensure a successful operation.
- October 08, 2015This latest entry on our series of articles on targeted attacks discusses how a targeted attack can impact not only the targeted organization, but also its customers