- July 30, 2015Crypto-ransomware: why it's so dangerous, why it's tough to crack, and how to downgrade a potential "data disaster" into an "annoyance".
- July 10, 2015Watch what happens during a ransomware infection, from the time a user receives the email with the spiked attachment to the time the malware itself is executed.
- June 23, 2015Spam with messages that contain an "attached resume" is being used to spread Cryptowall 3.0, a ransomware variant that uses RSA encryption to lock down its victims' files.
- May 26, 2015It's been around a decade since we've been introduced to ransomware. Let's take a stroll down memory lane to see how it has evolved through some of the notable cases we've tackled through the years.
- May 19, 2015The biggest incidents in the first three months of 2015 showed that even the most security-savvy users and organizations are not immune to security threats. See how they affected established security measures in the Trend Micro 2015 1Q Security Roundup.
- April 21, 2015Ransomware is a type of malware that locks your computer screen and prevents you from accessing your files until you pay a “ransom”. Learn more about this type of malware and how you can prevent likely attacks.
- March 06, 2015Cybercriminals are once again taking advantage of tax season, and besides phishing pages, they've got another nasty surprise up their sleeves for taxpayers in the ANZ region: Torrentlocker.
- January 30, 2015We have noted a spike in incidences outside of North America and Europe. Much interest in the Critroni or Curve-Tor-Bitcoin (CTB) Locker—an old crypto-locker variant—is already being noticed in Asia.
- January 23, 2015A demonstration of how TorrentLocker works, from infection to extortion. Made possible by joint research efforts with Deakin University (AU), this video aims to show how devices get infected, and how to avoid becoming a victim.