- October 15, 2014The breach of investment banking firm JP Morgan Chase has caused the leak of one of the largest number of records to date, reportedly affecting an estimated 76 million households and 7 million small businesses.
- October 15, 2014Around a year after the massive Target data breach, two more well-known brands have confirmed that they have been breached through infected point-of-sale systems.
- October 14, 2014As agents of online hacktivist movements continue to target the websites of government, education, health, and other industries, what can web administrators do to prepare for them?
- October 03, 2014Earlier this year, a website was compromised and used to spread online baking malware to approximately 7,000 victims in a span of two hours. This video describes how the site was compromised, the details of the attack, and the capabilities of the payloads.
- September 26, 2014There are new reports that mention incidents of botnet attacks that leveraged Shellshock against certain institutions. A botnet is a network of infected computers/systems.
- September 15, 2014The backdoor malware MIRAS got an upgrade from just running in 32-bit Windows operating system versions to 64-bit ones, expanding its victim range to more users of the OS. MIRAS is the same malware family linked to attacks against a Europe-based IT company.
- September 14, 2014Threats analyst Bryant Tan shares some rules that IT administrators can proactively implement to set up “basic defense” for their network. These rules are not meant to cover all types of suspicious activity but are important in building a secure network.
- September 14, 2014A few rules that IT administrators can proactively implement to set up “basic defenses” for their network that are likely to be missed.
- September 11, 2014A list of five million Gmail accounts, paired with what appear to be passwords, was leaked in a popular Russian cryptocurrency forum.