- June 27, 2018The ePrivacy Regulation (ePR) is a proposed piece of legislation that wants to secure electronic communications in the European Union. Recent drafts show that the regulation may actually affect the development of applications like WhatsApp and Skype, as well
- June 26, 2018The UK tax authority has collected the voiceprints of over 5 million people, and a report from a privacy group shows that the organization may not be compliant with the new data protection regulations.
- June 14, 2018The UK's Information Commissioner’s Office investigated the 2014 Yahoo data breach and found that the tech company failed to adequately protect it users. The findings from the incident have resulted in a fine for Yahoo.
- June 12, 2018Healthcare organizations hold a wide spectrum of data, from genetic information to social security numbers and insurance records. Some of these types of sensitive data are subject to more stringent rules under the GDPR.
- June 05, 2018The EU’s ePrivacy Regulation is gaining more attention, especially with the GDPR weeks into enforcement. This legislation covers more and newer forms of electronic communications, as well as information outside the scope of the GDPR.
- May 31, 2018Companies respond to the implementation of the GDPR by rendering sites or services inaccessible to EU citizens -- or entirely shutting down operations in the region.
- May 25, 2018The GDPR set a new standard for data privacy and protection, and now it is in full effect. Ideally, organizations should already be in full compliance with the regulation, employing better security and more effective data management strategies.
- May 18, 2018One of the GPDR's goals is to empower users, redefining the relationship between businesses and their customers in the process.
- May 15, 2018Attackers can extract messages from encrypted emails using the eFail attack, which exploits known vulnerabilities. Several of the most widely used email clients are affected.