- June 16, 2014The smartification of the home becomes apparent when looking at networks then and now, prompting many to expect that billions of smart devices will go online in a matter of years. Here we look at the forces that can impact market adoption of IoE.
- June 11, 2014Industry players look at IoE as a way to reduce waste and inefficiencies. As developers come up with new gadgets, we are reminded of the security lessons that should be learned from IoE attacks so far and what can be done about them.
- June 04, 2014A new campaign inched closer to Japanese government and private entities with backdoor malware attacks on the commonly used word processing software Ichitaro. The ANTIFULAI campaign enters networks via clever email subjects, such as a job application inquiry.
- May 29, 2014Recent targeted attacks that send bogus emails from a Chinese newspaper were found targeting systems with Windows PowerShell installed. The PowerShell command line is typically found on Windows 7 onwards and is used to automate Windows applications.
- May 27, 2014IoE stretches human and machine interaction to a scale greater than before. As more gadgets and everyday objects gain pervasive network access, security and privacy strategies have to be front and center to prevent the consequences of data loss and theft.
- May 23, 2014PLEAD, a new targeted attack campaign that was found targeting Taiwanese agencies just a week after similar targets were attacked using a Microsoft zero-day exploit. PLEAD uses phishing emails mixed with RTLO and Windows vulnerability techniques to ensnare vic
- May 12, 2014Two separate attacks were seen targeting government agencies and an educational institute in Taiwan. The attackers used the new Microsoft Word zero-day vulnerability and entered through a bogus email.
- April 30, 2014While it’s true that passwords are not the most convenient way of authenticating yourself and they are inherently insecure, we should not be so quick to dismiss them. Here's why.
- April 18, 2014With today’s aggressive attack environment, IT security people are indispensible; invaluable with the right tools. So how exactly can organizations take care of their information security personnel? Here are four areas where organizations can help.