- April 02, 2018Data from five million credit and debit cards was put up for sale on the dark web last March 28. Security researchers investigating the sale traced the data back to Saks Faith Avenue and other stores under the Hudson's Bay company.
- November 23, 2016As the holiday shopping season kicks in, retailers are more likely to be targeted by criminals that are after their point-of-sales (PoS) systems. Find out what kind of threats are out there and how you can defend against them.
- September 05, 2016It’s been almost a year after US merchants made the move to implement EMV payment technology. Is it really safe?
- July 14, 2016Dallas-based Omni Hotels & Resorts announced that point-of-sales (PoS) systems at some of its properties were hit by malware targeting payment card information.
- May 12, 2016Wendy's, the world's third largest quick-service hamburger company, confirms that 300 of its point-of-sale (PoS) systems have been infected with info-stealing malware.
- December 17, 2015SMBs accounted for 45% of all incidents involving PoS malware in Q3 2015, but malware isn't the only thing that retailers have to worry about. PoS machines can be compromised even before they get installed.
- December 01, 2015Hilton Worldwide is the latest target of a security breach in the hospitality industry, as PoS malware was used to compromise payment card data over a 17-week period.
- November 26, 2015The recent US rollout of the EMV standard has America looking at their new cards, wondering what this new technology can do. With this new payment processing method, will we finally see a decline in fraudulent credit card activities?
- November 24, 2015Starwood hotels' point-of-sale (PoS) systems were found to be infected with info-stealing malware, compromising cardholder info and payment card numbers.