- August 26, 2014Learn about the biggest mobile threats and more from the first half of 2014.
- August 14, 2014Scrutinize that Google Drive or Dropbox link before clicking. Spam could be used to distribute backdoors; in this case, the message includes a link that points to a Google Drive URL.
- August 12, 2014Security issues such as the Heartbleed bug and a number of huge data breaches were the main attractions of the second quarter of 2014. Targeted industries and security companies responded in varying fashion, all in the name of protecting end-users.
- August 12, 2014A closer look at the security landscape during 2Q 2014, as various industry players turned the tables on cyber attacks such as Heartbleed and DDoS.
- August 06, 2014In 2013, retail chain Target was reportedly victimized by point-of-sales malware. After that, PoS malware creators show no signs of slowing as they continue to manufacture variant after variant.
- August 05, 2014Domain Generation Algorithm (DGA) is used by most malware to mask C&C activities. ZeuS/ZBOT variants of Gameover has upped the ante by employing a different DGA technique that makes detection more difficult.
- August 01, 2014Like a thousand ways to skin a cat, there are a number of ways malware avoid detection. POWELIKS malware, for example, hides in the Windows registry. Trend Micro analyzes its behavior and makes sure that customers are safe from this malware.
- July 30, 2014Cryptoblocker is seen spreading in the US, France, and Japan, among other countries. New ransomware variants, on the other hand, are cropping up in the wild. Trend Micro investigates these malware further.
- July 22, 2014By targeting session tokens sent via SMS in an elaborate fashion, a cybercriminal gang is able to intercept two-factor authentication and get your banking credentials. This attack is dubbed Operation Emmental.