- June 14, 2018The UK's Information Commissioner’s Office investigated the 2014 Yahoo data breach and found that the tech company failed to adequately protect it users. The findings from the incident have resulted in a fine for Yahoo.
- June 06, 2018Online genealogy platform MyHeritage calls for all users to change their passwords after learning of a breach that occurred in October 2017.
- May 23, 2018Researchers reported that a bug in the Comcast website revealed a customer’s full address, Wi-Fi name and password, simply by entering the customer ID and a part of the subscription address.
- April 04, 2018GDPR compliance becomes one of the deciding factors for WhatsApp continuing its plans to share personal user data with Facebook.
- February 21, 2018Vulnerable enterprise servers are being compromised by individuals or groups looking for resources to mine cryptocurrency. The latest victims are automobile-maker Tesla and users of Jenkins servers.
- February 20, 2018Users of a lightweight blogging platform maybe have had their database passwords exposed on a public log. This issue brings around DevOps concerns, as well as questions about data protection regulations and compliance.
- March 16, 2017A database containing information on employees from America's top companies and military organizations has been leaked, and the incident reveals the risks involved when companies collect and sell valuable personal data
- February 21, 2017Research on how the healthcare sector has evolved as a preferred target for cybercriminals, how stolen records are monetized, what types of data are stolen, and how much they're sold for in the underground.
- February 20, 2017What are the threats that should matter to ordinary, everyday users and what can they do to avoid them?