- July 20, 2021Our research sheds light on the tools and techniques used by TeamTNT and the potential impact of the group’s sundry malicious activities.
- August 19, 2020In our monitoring of Docker-related threats, we came across a threat actor who uploaded malicious images to Docker Hub for cryptocurrency mining.
Cryptocurrency Miner Uses Hacking Tool Haiduc and App Hider Xhide to Brute Force Machines and ServersJanuary 09, 2020The cryptocurrency-miner, a multi-component threat comprised of different Perl and Bash scripts, miner binaries, the application hider Xhide, and a scanner tool, propagates by scanning vulnerable machines and brute-forcing (primarily default) credentials.
- October 28, 2019A look into cryptocurrencies' state and how cybercriminals abuse miner malware to profit at the expense of legitimate businesses, how to find signs of infection, and recommendations to defend systems from its abuse.
- October 16, 2019The Winnti group has been reported to be using a previously undocumented backdoor named PortReuse presumably as a jump-off point from where the threat actors can launch supply chain attacks.
September Malicious Cryptocurrency-Mining Attacks Showcase Current Malware Techniques and CapabilitiesOctober 08, 2019A spate of cryptocurrency-mining malware that affected Windows systems, Linux machines, and routers have been identified last September . The malware variants employed a variety of methods to hide and spread their malicious mining activities.
Threat Landscape in the Americas: How Managed Detection and Response Helps Address Persistent ThreatsMarch 07, 2019We look at the most pervasive information stealers, ransomware, and cryptocurrency-mining malware in the Americas in 2018 and how they highlight the significance of proactive threat detection and incident response capabilities.
- March 05, 2019We looked back at 2018’s mobile threat landscape to see the possible threats that lie ahead and help users and organizations proactively defend against them.
- February 04, 2019We found a malicious app posing as Adobe Zii (a tool used to crack Adobe products) targeting macOS systems to mine cryptocurrency and steal credit card information.