News & Updates
- March 29, 2019Personal health information of over 350,000 consumers were potentially compromised after nine employees of the Oregon Department of Human Services (DHS) fell victim to a phishing attack.
- March 28, 2019Parisian authorities recently arrested five men for hacking gas station pumps and stealing 120,000 liters of petrol and diesel. This was possible because the stations did not change the default PIN code of their gas pumps.
- March 27, 2019A recently published paper warns of the prospect of advanced techniques being used to throw machine learning (ML) systems off.
- March 26, 2019A business email compromise (BEC) scheme took more than $100 million from Facebook and Google. Legitimate-looking invoices, contracts and more fooled the two tech companies and they wired millions to the fraudsters over a period of years.
- March 25, 2019In a survey commissioned by Trend Micro, nearly 50 percent of 1,125 chief information security officer (CISO) respondents shared that skills shortage is a cause for concern for their organizations.
Attackers Use Legacy IMAP Protocol to Bypass Multifactor Authentication in Cloud Accounts, Leading to Internal Phishing and BECMarch 22, 2019Brute-force attacks against user accounts in cloud services prove that multifactor authentication is only one part of an effective multilayered security implementation.
- March 21, 2019A new Mirai botnet variant is targeting smart signage TV and wireless presentation systems commonly used by businesses. Upgraded with 11 new exploits and default credentials for brute-forcing, enterprises are advised to patch immediately.
- March 21, 2019As the field of telecommunication continues to evolve, so should its security. Understanding its current threat landscape can help reduce the impact of crimes like telecom fraud and prepare us for future threats in the age of the IoT.
- March 20, 2019The systems of Norsk Hydro were reportedly struck by LockerGoga ransomware. Here's what you need to know about this threat and how to defend against it.