News & Updates
- June 19, 2019Baltimore City and County governments, Ohio-based NEO Urology, and Talley Medical Surgical Eyecare in Indiana are still in recovery efforts after ransomware incidents caused daily operations to be temporarily suspended.
- June 18, 2019A Netflix researcher uncovered four critical vulnerabilities — CVE-2019-11477, CVE-2019-11478, CVE-2019-5599, and CVE-2019-11479 — within the TCP implementations on Linux and FreeBSD kernels.
- June 17, 2019The hacking group Xenotime, reported to be behind intrusions targeting facilities in oil and gas industries, has started probing industrial control systems (ICSs) of power grids in the U.S. and the Asia-Pacific region.
- June 14, 2019Two hacking groups have been spotted attacking vulnerable Exim email servers, trying to exploit CVE-2019-10149. One group uses a public internet server, and another a server on the dark web.
- June 13, 2019Fortune 500 company Quest Diagnostics, LabCorp, and billing provider American Medical Collection Agency (AMCA) are facing multiple class-action lawsuits after cybercriminals breached the web payment page of AMCA over an eight-month period.
- June 11, 2019Two major breaches, one at the US Custom and Border Protection and another a a retro gaming site, highlight the need for effective data protection.
- June 10, 2019An active Microsoft Office and Wordpad spam campaign is targeting European users with files that allow attackers to exploit the CVE-2017-11882 vulnerability.
- June 06, 2019The ransomware evolution continues: 2019 data shows changes in volume of threats and a shift in targets. New evasion techniques and distribution methods are also being deployed by malware creators.
- June 04, 2019Unknown threats trigger gray alerts from endpoint detection and response (EDR) tools on a day-to-day basis. But what is it about these gray alerts that warrant a deeper look and how can MDR help?