Vulnerabilities & Exploits
- July 19, 2019A quick review of some of the most destructive cyberattacks and data breaches over the past few years show just how much damage unpatched vulnerabilities can inflict on an organization.
- July 10, 2019Two vulnerabilities, assigned CVE-2019-9629 and CVE-2019-9630, were uncovered in Sonatype’s Nexus Repository Manager (NXRM) — an open-source governance platform used by DevOps professionals.
- June 26, 2019Kubernetes announced the discovery of CVE-2019-11246, a high-severity vulnerability affecting the command-line interface kubectl, during an ongoing third-party security audit.
- June 21, 2019Dell urges users to update the vulnerable SupportAssist tool built into its business and home machines. The privilege escalation vulnerability could allow hackers control over Dell computers running Windows, if left unpatched.
- June 20, 2019Oracle published an out-of-band security alert advisory on CVE-2019-2729, a zero-day deserialization vulnerability via XMLDecoder in Oracle WebLogic Server Web Services.
- June 18, 2019A Netflix researcher uncovered four critical vulnerabilities — CVE-2019-11477, CVE-2019-11478, CVE-2019-5599, and CVE-2019-11479 — within the TCP implementations on Linux and FreeBSD kernels.
- June 14, 2019Two hacking groups have been spotted attacking vulnerable Exim email servers, trying to exploit CVE-2019-10149. One group uses a public internet server, and another a server on the dark web.
- May 31, 2019A security researcher, going by the handle SandboxEscaper, published an exploit code for a zero-day vulnerability in Windows' Task Scheduler utility. Here's what you need to know.
- May 29, 2019Almost a million systems are reportedly vulnerable to BlueKeep (CVE-2019-0708), a critical vulnerability in remote desktop services. Here are some best practices that can help defend against threats that may exploit it.