- January 16, 2018Cybercriminals are already taking advantage of the news surrounding Meltdown and Spectre. SmokeLoader malware was spotted spreading via a fake patch for the vulnerabilities .
- January 03, 2018The source code of the Satori internet-of-things (IoT) botnet, pegged as Mirai's successor, was posted online on Pastebin. What does this mean in the IoT threat landscape, and what can users do against it?
- November 15, 2017A new report reveals Coinhive's reach after it ranked the coin miner as the 6th most common malware in the world.
- October 30, 2017Cryptocurrency miners are looking for new ways to profit. Here are some of the ways they've been doing it.
- October 05, 2017Our data shows a huge increase in home network attacks attempting cryptocurrency mining activities. This spike coincides with the recent rise in the value of major cryptocurrencies.
- September 05, 2017ATM malware has become a mainstay in many cybercriminals’ arsenal due to its capability to steal money. In our joint efforts with Europol’s EC3, we explain in detail how criminals continue to leverage different ATM malware families and attack types.
- August 24, 2017A new attack targeting Ukraine uses a compromised web server to deliver malware.
- August 18, 2017KOVTER is one example of a constantly evolving malware. Initially starting out as a police ransomware, it eventually evolved into a much more effective and evasive fileless malware. Here is a closer look at KOVTER, and how organizations can lessen its impact.
- June 06, 2017Chat platforms have become popular as office communication tools thanks to availability of APIs that allow users to integrate the apps. Can they be abused?