- August 06, 2015This first article in a series on encryption how-tos tackles basic email encryption methods to protect messages from prying eyes.
- July 24, 2015While passwords stop outsiders from gaining access to your accounts and devices, it can’t protect stored or transmitted data. Encryption can. Learn what it is, how it works, and how it can protect you.
- June 05, 2015The US House of Representatives voted to end the bulk collection of phone metadata being done by the NSA, aiming to strike a better balance between national security and privacy. But how will things change and what will it mean to you?
- June 03, 2015Facebook just showed how they value users’ privacy by announcing a new option to enable end-to-end encryption on notification emails using PGP.
- April 30, 2015How dangerous is it to leave your personal information—your name, your social security number, your credit card and financial details, even your email address and phone number—where other people can access them?
- April 28, 2015Twitter now gives you the option to send and receive private messages from anyone, including those who aren't in your contact list. Should you opt in?
- April 08, 2015If spring cleaning has become part of your annual ritual, you should also consider cleaning up your digital space as well. Follow these tips for getting rid of digital clutter.
- March 31, 2015Data loss and theft are common these days, given that data sells big-time in underground cybercriminal markets. This World Backup day, check if you can actually survive a series of data disasters should they happen to you.
- March 19, 2015What would you do if an agent from a legitimate company called you, offering technical support for a problem you didn't know your computer had? These days, cyber scams are going offline. Here's how to spot one.