News & Updates
- July 30, 2019Organizations face a problem of dealing with threats that are not only becoming more complex but also becoming more abundant — thus taking a toll on security staff and their effectiveness.
- July 30, 2019The different threat scenarios that can happen to a smart home illustrate that compromised IoT devices can affect not just users' comfort and convenience but also their safety.
- July 30, 2019Social media is a content-rich platform many enterprises use, but how can InfoSec professionals and security teams use it to gather threat intelligence that they can use to protect their organizations?
- July 29, 2019Hackers use fileless threats to take advantage of existing applications and attack systems. Here we discuss noteworthy events, techniques, and best practices that can help identify fileless threats and defend against attacks.
- July 29, 2019Three ransomware attacks from last week caused notable disruptions on institutions from different public sectors, namely on an energy company, a law enforcement agency, and several public schools.
- July 26, 2019Threat actors are targeting Linux servers with vulnerable software, namely the project management tool Jira and the message transfer agent Exim, using a variant of the Watchbog trojan, which drops a Monero miner to expand their botnet.
- July 25, 2019Cybercriminal group FIN8 reappeared with new PoS malware Badhatch, capable of scraping credit card data, installing a backdoor, and allowing remote access, among other routines.
- July 23, 2019The US Department of Education released a security advisory on ERP vulnerabilities after 62 institutions were infiltrated, stealing students' IDs to create fake accounts.
- July 19, 2019A quick review of some of the most destructive cyberattacks and data breaches over the past few years show just how much damage unpatched vulnerabilities can inflict on an organization.