News & Updates
- August 08, 2019Another Mirai offshoot spotted: A variant of the Echobot botnet was found using over 50 exploits that lead to remote code execution (RCE), arbitrary command execution, and command injection in internet of things (IoT) devices.
- August 07, 2019We delve into how machine learning performs dynamic malware detection in a scenario where only a single malware sample is available.
- August 07, 2019According to a report by Accenture and the Ponemon Institute, on the average, financial organizations with 5,000+ employees each lose US$18.5 million in direct cybercrime costs.
- August 06, 2019There’s a new player in the exploit kit landscape. Dubbed Lord, this new exploit kit was initially seen delivering the njRAT malwarebefore distributing the Eris ransomware. Here's what you need to know about this threat.
- August 05, 2019Reports of SYRK and STOP ransomware variants encrypting files on infected machines started off the month. Meanwhile, ENTSCRYPT aka GermanWiper, is a fileless ransomware and wiper that makes file retrieval impossible.
- August 02, 2019Lodi, California confirmed that the phone line and data systems disruptions it suffered months back was caused by a ransomware. The ransomware entered the city’s system disguised as an invoice attachment in an email to city staff.
- August 01, 2019This week, Cabarrus County, North Carolina, announced that it lost US$1.7 million to a BEC scam after a series of email exchanges that began in November 2018.
- July 31, 2019Small planes were found vulnerable to attacks through their CAN bus components. DHS released a security advisory for owners and manufacturers to take steps against possible exploits.
- July 31, 2019Sophisticated software has helped industries grow and thrive in unmatched ways, but there are also risks and consequences that come with new technology.