News & Updates
- September 17, 2019A new variant of HDDCryptor aka Mamba was uncovered recently. The ransomware has been known to use DiskCryptor to encrypt disk and network files and overwrite the Master Boot Record (MBR).
- September 17, 2019Our research highlights the current and new risks that the financial industry will have to defend against, and predict how cybercriminals will abuse and attack Open Banking.
- September 16, 2019A new family of malware with an apparent connection to the notorious Ryuk ransomware was uncovered — but instead of encrypting files, they were found targeting government-, military-, and finance-related files.
- September 13, 2019Identifying mission-critical information assets is essential in designing an effective security architecture. What assets demand the best defenses and protection?
- September 10, 2019Understanding current and future threats to the internet of things (IoT) can help shape how we secure this technology that is increasingly becoming integral to today's world. What insights can be reaped from the cybercrime underground?
- September 10, 2019Cybercriminals who held to ransom the files of 22 Texas local government units for a combined ransom amount of US$2.5 million did not get a single cent, according to Texas state officials.
- September 09, 2019Metasploit has published an exploit for the BlueKeep vulnerability (CVE-2019-0708), a much-discussed critical weakness that affects older versions of Microsoft Windows. The "wormability" of BlueKeep makes it dangerous, and id successfully exploited,
- September 06, 2019Amidst news of the Satori author pleading guilty, researchers found over 600,000 exposed GPS trackers due to the use of a default password.
- September 05, 2019The complexity of container infrastructure, if not properly accounted for, can pose serious security risks. To minimize risks when building in containers, we came up with six steps that developers can follow.