In 2017 Trend Micro’s CEO, Eva Chen, established the Trend Micro Initiative for Education to strengthen our efforts on user awareness and digital safety education. The parent initiative supports 3 digital safety outreach programs:
- Internet Safety for Kids & Families (ISKF)
- Internet Safety for Small Businesses (ISSB)
- Cybersecurity Education for Universities (CEU)
Since its launch in 2008, the first program, Internet Safety for Kids & Families (ISKF), has reached millions thanks to our network of almost 1,000 passionate volunteers, media outreach, and many partners around the world! And we are thrilled to expand our efforts with two new programs established in 2017 – Internet Safety for Small Businesses and Cybersecurity Education for Universities.
Our objective is to improve Internet safety awareness, digital literacy, and malware defence capabilities for a safer digital world. To reach our objective our programs:
- EDUCATE: Leveraging Trend Experts, technology, and resources when and where possible.
- COLLABORATE: Encouraging volunteerism and building partnerships to maximise efficiency, reach, and impact, as well as to raise awareness as a team.
- Be ACCESSIBLE: Program events and resources will be free, accessible, easy to find, and relevant to our digital communities.
VolunteersThe hundreds of volunteers around the globe are the very heart of our programs! Our education initiatives would not be possible without the expertise, dedication, and generosity of the hundreds of Trenders worldwide.
Digital safety is a shared responsibility, and we all have to come together against the bad guys! That’s why we work closely with organisations of all kinds—non-profit, for-profit, and governmental— to tackle the wide-ranging issues of cybersecurity and collaborate with experts in multiple countries.