18X a Leader in Gartner Magic Quadrant for EPP
Explore why Trend Micro is recognized—for the 18th time—as a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Endpoint Protection Platforms.
Save to Folio
The Endpoint Threat and Technology Landscape is Changing
Threat actor groups, insider threats, and nation state actors are developing and leveraging new tactics and techniques to strike faster and evade detection. Traditional endpoint security measures are inadequate against emerging threats — including fileless or malware-free and identity-based attacks —which exploit legitimate tools and credentials to bypass detection.
The changes in the threat landscape underscore a critical requirement for cybersecurity teams to implement comprehensive, integrated, and intelligent measures that can adapt to and mitigate attacks to keep bad actors at bay.
Gartner Magic Quadrant for Endpoint Protection Platforms
The Gartner Magic Quadrant for Endpoint Protection Platforms (EPP) is a research and market analysis report evaluating the endpoint protection market and vendors delivering endpoint protection solutions based on their completeness of vision and ability to execute. This report informs cybersecurity buyers on the technology options available and how they align with their unique business and technology needs.
With over 35 years of leadership in cybersecurity, Trend Micro is honored again to be named a Leader in the latest Gartner Magic Quadrant for Endpoint Protection Platforms. This is the eighteenth consecutive Gartner endpoint security evaluation where Trend has been placed in the Leader quadrant — an unprecedented milestone in the cybersecurity industry.
Why Trend is Named a Leader
Trend Vision One™ demonstrated and proved our commitment towards innovation and our customers to provide leading protection services they can trust and rely on year after year. Our approach stood out in the Magic Quadrant:
- Universal fit: Trend Vison One™ – XDR was recognized as a fit for a "broad range" of global organizations, including those looking to consolidate security vendors, find integrated workspace security, and seek support across cloud, hybrid, and internet-restricted environments.
- Breadth and depth of coverage: The platform’s rich telemetry across the attack surface was acknowledged for providing context and capabilities to respond to threats faster.
- Rare OS support: Solutions for the hybrid nature of today's technological world was marked as a differentiator for Trend Vision One in this evaluation, with market-leading protection for modern operating systems and inclusive support for legacy systems including Red Hat, Solaris, AIX, and more. We recognize these systems persist in organizations for diverse reasons—operational necessity, compatibility considerations, or financial constraints—and are not forgotten relics but active, vital components of business infrastructure requiring continuous monitoring and protection.
- Competitive and flexible pricing: Trend Vision One was acknowledged as being more cost efficient when compared to other Leaders in the Magic Quadrant. By leveraging economies of scale, Trend makes comprehensive endpoint security accessible at the mid-market up to Fortune 50 organizations with highly competitive and flexible pricing models.
- Proactive risk and threat assessment: Gartner acknowledged Trend’s commitment to delivering proactive cyber risk reduction and security operations capabilities with its platform including our flagship products Trend Vision One™ – Attack Surface Risk Management (ASRM) and XDR. Notably, identity threat detection and response (ITDR) capabilities were recognized, with workspace breadth and integration being called out as a strength.
This report follows Trend recognized as a Customers’ Choice in the 2023 Gartner Peer Insights™ ‘Voice of the Customer’: Endpoint Protection Platforms.
The Trend Vision One Difference
While endpoint telemetry is a critical source of data when it comes to protecting the enterprise, it is only one piece of the story. The value of endpoint telemetry is enhanced when integrated into a broader platform. Security analysts get more out of their endpoint data with AI/ML, behavioral analysis, Trend Vision One™ – Companion, and predictive attack path analysis to prevent breaches before they can materialize.
Trend Vision One has the highest number of native sensors in the market with purpose-built technology for endpoint, server, workload, cloud infrastructure, email, network, identity, and OT.
Complemented by turn-key third-party integrations, security teams benefit not just from the modular nature of the platform but also from consolidated and connected visibility, improved root-cause analysis, and a single source to manage controls across more security layers and functions to achieve greater security effectiveness, operational efficiency, and minimized potential for breach.
The Only Complete Native EDR and XDR on the Market
Native telemetry and a variance in native sources produce higher quality correlated detections and multi-dimensional visibility when compared to hybrid options. Real-time, high-fidelity, and consistent data flows tie together the unique perspective and context from each layer.
Trend Vision One EDR and XDR capabilities deliver activity telemetry – not just detection data – across more security vectors for advanced correlation and contextualization of security events. It utilizes real-time global threat intelligence feeds, hunting and forensics tools, and proactive cyber risk and security posture management insights to accelerate threat detection, investigation, and response.
With this native data-driven approach, security analysts streamline IT and security operations, reduce complexity, and achieve optimal security outcomes across on-premises, cloud, multi-cloud, and hybrid environments.
Driven by AI Innovation
Companion is saving junior and senior security analysts hours of manual effort per week and putting time back in their day by accelerating detection and response time, improving hunting investigations, and streamlining reporting.
Drawing from the power of generative AI and a plain language interface, analyst can access deeper insights with powerful threat hunting support—regardless of their skill level or years of expertise.
Expert MDR Services Bridge the Gap
By partnering with Trend Micro™ – Managed XDR (MDR), businesses maintain a strong security posture, stay compliant, and keep threat actors out. Whether you’re outsourcing detection and response completely, extending your team, or covering nights and weekends, Managed XDR brings peace of mind that your organization is safe at any time.
Pioneering Proactive Security Strategies
Trend Vision One is leading the industry toward proactive security solutions through its innovation in ASRM marking an evolution from reactive defense positions to anticipatory strategies.
Born from customer demand and leading global threat research, ASRM prioritizes real-time proactive cyber risk management through a combination of asset discovery, risk assessment and quantification of vulnerabilities, misconfigurations, and unnecessary exposure points, and risk mitigation automations.
This approach makes it possible for organizations to minimize their attack surface—the sum of an organization's exposure to potential attackers—before threats can exploit it, reducing the potential for breaches.