- February 21, 2018Vulnerable enterprise servers are being compromised by individuals or groups looking for resources to mine cryptocurrency. The latest victims are automobile-maker Tesla and users of Jenkins servers.
- February 20, 2018Users of a lightweight blogging platform maybe have had their database passwords exposed on a public log. This issue brings around DevOps concerns, as well as questions about data protection regulations and compliance.
- February 01, 2018Fitness tracking app Strava published a heatmap of its fitness app's user activity that could have accidentally revealed the hidden locations of U.S. military bases, patrols, and forward operating bases.
- October 26, 2017Data is the currency in today’s technology-driven world, and its ever-significant value also drives the extent and increased sophistication of cyberattacks. But how exactly can data be misused to perpetrate cybercrime?
- October 19, 2017Security researchers and the Norwegian Consumer Council group recently released their findings on several smartwatches designed for kids and reported several vulnerabilities that can compromise privacy and security.
- March 16, 2017A database containing information on employees from America's top companies and military organizations has been leaked, and the incident reveals the risks involved when companies collect and sell valuable personal data
- February 21, 2017Research on how the healthcare sector has evolved as a preferred target for cybercriminals, how stolen records are monetized, what types of data are stolen, and how much they're sold for in the underground.
- February 20, 2017What are the threats that should matter to ordinary, everyday users and what can they do to avoid them?
- January 31, 2017In keeping with this year’s Data Privacy Day theme, Respecting Privacy, Safeguarding Data and Enabling Trust, the GDPR takes center stage in reminding both organizations and individuals the importance of data privacy.