- June 16, 2015Password managers have made the tedious task of managing multiple accounts easier with the use of a single repository of various login credentials locked behind a master password. But what if this, too, gets hacked?
- June 02, 2015Japan’s pension system recently took a hit as a successful hack compromised the records of 1.25 million of its users. The records include pension IDs, names, addresses, and dates of birth.
- May 29, 2015Indian music streaming service Gaana was temporarily taken offline today and the passwords of all its users reset due to a data breach. Evidently, it was breached by a frustrated hacker who previously reported the vulnerability, but got ignored.
- January 13, 2015The social media accounts of the US Central Command was compromised for 30 minutes. While the incident reportedly had no operational impact, it should serve as a lesson for people and organizations who control high-profile online accounts.
- January 09, 2015Video games have reached a point where it's rare for one to not feature an online component, since connectivity enhances the experience. Unfortunately, it also opens up the user and the platform to a number of risks. What can a gamer do?
- January 08, 2015The rising frequency of insider jobs such as the hack of Bitcoin Mt. Gox, last year's Amtrak breach, and the Morgan Stanley incident warns us of the dangers posed by inside threats.
- January 07, 2015It’s never too late to rethink your habits when it comes to protecting your online security. Start securing your computing habits by making password management an essential aspect of your digital life.
- January 06, 2015Looking back at the biggest security stories and issues of 2014, how they affected users and various industries, and what we can learn from them.
- December 22, 2014South Korean nuclear company, Korea Hydro and Nuclear Power Co (KHNP), became the source of headlines when it fell victim to an attack that resulted in the leak of company information, including employee information and plant blue prints.