- November 05, 2015A new crypto-ransomware variant is reportedly raising the stakes by threatening to publish its victims online if the ransom isn't paid. Can it actually do it or is it just a clever threat to force victims to pay up?
- October 30, 2015Everyone knows about bots being described as a horde of zombies. But what about the other common threats? We dressed them up some in Halloween costumes to give them a festive face.
- October 27, 2015From new extortion schemes and IoT threats to improved cybercrime legislation, Trend Micro predicts how the security landscape is going to look like in 2016.
- October 07, 2015Find out what Trend Micro researchers have to say and where they stand on current issues, trending topics, the status of cyber security today, and the threat landscape of tomorrow.
- September 23, 2015Trend Micro Senior Threat researcher David Sancho shares his insights on ransomware today, and how it's expected to evolve in the coming years.
- September 02, 2015Details from the TorrentLocker infections seen in the first half of 2015, including common evasion techniques and solutions that can be used to defend against the threat.
- July 30, 2015Crypto-ransomware: why it's so dangerous, why it's tough to crack, and how to downgrade a potential "data disaster" into an "annoyance".
- July 10, 2015Watch what happens during a ransomware infection, from the time a user receives the email with the spiked attachment to the time the malware itself is executed.
- June 23, 2015Spam with messages that contain an "attached resume" is being used to spread Cryptowall 3.0, a ransomware variant that uses RSA encryption to lock down its victims' files.