- March 24, 2016Kentucky-based Methodist Hospital announced a ransomware attack that led to an “internal state of emergency.”
- March 18, 2016The US Federal Bureau of Investigation posted a warning about ransomware targeting companies and enterprises. How serious is this threat?
- March 07, 2016KeRanger, believed to be the world's first ransomware specifically designed to infect OS X machines has been found piggybacking on a compromised installer of a BitTorrent client.
- March 02, 2016A new ransomware variant has been discovered encrypting online files, as CTB-Locker for Websites is found to have infected over 100 WordPress-powered sites.
- February 23, 2016Researchers have discovered that Ransomware is now making its way to open-source content management platform Joomla, shortly after a malvertising campaign has been found targeting WordPress-hosted websites.
- February 19, 2016A new crypto-ransomware type called Locky has been discovered riding on document-based macros and using infection techniques borrowed from the notorious banking malware DRIDEX.
- February 15, 2016The networks of a Hollywood hospital have been crippled by a ransomware attack with a $3.6M ransom.
- January 29, 2016Another power provider just reported being hit by a “severe“ attack, barely a month after the Ukrainian power grid was brought down by malware.
- December 09, 2015The blog page of a leading UK media site, The Independent got compromised, potentially exposing users to ransomware. The blog, running on an out dated WordPress version, remains compromised