- March 17, 2015Online and offline threats abound during tax season. The latest: calls from fake IRS agents taking advantage of unsuspecting victims, reportedly scaring their victims into paying up.
- February 20, 2015Certain consumer-grade Lenovo laptop models shipped out between September and December 2014 came pre-installed with Superfish, a visual search technology that not only exhibits adware behaviors, but also allows cybercriminals to snoop in secure communications
- November 21, 2014Thanksgiving and shopping holidays are coming up, but cybercriminals work overtime during this season. This year, take the safe route and learn how you can avoid spam email and other online threats.
- November 13, 2014Operation Huyao is a phishing attack that targets online shoppers without having to create a copy of the legitimate website. Before starting your online shopping spree, know how you can shop safely during the coming holidays.
- October 31, 2014This Halloween, we’ve rounded up ten of the scariest tactics cybercriminals use to trick users into clicking on malicious links, open suspicious attachments, install fake software, and more.
- October 22, 2014This Trend Micro paper unravels a series of attacks that targets military officials and defense contractors. Dubbed as “Operation Pawn Storm,” the group of threat actors use two known attack vectors: spear phishing emails and a network of phishing websites.
- October 22, 2014Twitter is a very popular online social platform because it's lightweight, easy to use, and widely adopted. Unfortunately these reasons also make it a prime target for abuse. See how this is done, and how to avoid being a victim.
- October 20, 2014As news about the Ebola pandemic flooded the Internet, cybercriminals and have seized the opportunity to use the popularity of the topic as bait to lure unsuspecting victims to pages that could be used to steal their information and credentials.