- January 17, 2014Brazil is experiencing an influx of CPL malware, a malicious variant of .CPL, a legitimate Windows Control Panel file. Cybercriminals are currently repurposing .CPL files to spread banking Trojans targeting Brazilian users.
- December 13, 2013When you think your avatar is all that outsiders can see on you gaming profile, think again. With today’s advanced online gaming consoles, the information you’re sharing might blur the line between reality and the virtual reality you’re playing in.
- November 15, 2013Trend Micro predicts the biggest security issues expected in 2014 for mobile banking, cybercriminals and targeted attacks, data breaches, Windows XP vulnerabilities, and more.
- October 29, 2013The Chinese market economy is undoubtedly booming. These days, however, China does not only rank highly for economic performance; it also continues to grow as a major player in the underground market for cybercrime products and services.
- October 22, 2013Android apps need permissions in order to work. However, cybercriminals can exploit them for personal gain. Here are some of the most commonly requested permissions and how they’re abused.
- September 19, 2013The EvilGrab campaign—known for targeting governments and diplomatic agencies in China, Japan, and the rest of the world—headlines this quarter’s targeted attack report. Among EvilGrab's many capabilities include grabbing multimedia files and stealing cred