Cybercrime & Digital Threats
- June 06, 2018Authorities arrested four suspected leaders of a large-scale business email compromise (BEC) ring that managed to siphon off more than EU 18 million from companies in France and Belgium.
- June 05, 2018Security researchers warn against increasing SMiShing attacks as punycode is gaining popularity among cybercriminals for malware infection and data theft.
- May 30, 2018Recently discovered malware MnuBot is making the rounds in Brazil, targeting local banks and their customers with malware families commonly used for fraud in the region.
- May 29, 2018A persistent Monero-miner malware increases CPU activity and drains the batteries of Mac users, making the hardware prone to system slowdown and overheating.
- May 21, 2018Cybersecurity awareness can help effectively fill security gaps to prevent business email compromise (BEC) scams from succeeding.
- May 16, 2018We delved into the rise and fall of Scan4You, the largest counter antivirus service in the underground, its operators, and the ties that bind them to other cybercriminals.
- May 11, 2018Researchers discover SynAck ransomware family to be first to use Process Doppelgänging as evasion technique, making it more difficult and complicated for detection and analysis.
- April 30, 2018Security intelligence researchers found an ongoing spam campaign aimed at infecting as many systems as possible through simultaneous configurations and infection payloads.
- April 23, 2018Through the use of a proactive incident response strategy, organizations can minimize the impact of targeted attacks. Our primer titled “A Proactive Approach to Securing the Network From Targeted Attacks” details how this can be accomplished.