Cybercrime & Digital Threats
- March 25, 2019In a survey commissioned by Trend Micro, nearly 50 percent of 1,125 chief information security officer (CISO) respondents shared that skills shortage is a cause for concern for their organizations.
- March 22, 2019Brute-force attacks against user accounts in cloud services prove that multifactor authentication is only one part of an effective multilayered security implementation.
- March 14, 2019Trend Micro‘s Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and Incident Response teams investigated two separate Ryuk attacks with seemingly little in common with each other.
- March 07, 2019We look at the most pervasive information stealers, ransomware, and cryptocurrency-mining malware in the Americas in 2018 and how they highlight the significance of proactive threat detection and incident response capabilities.
- February 08, 2019Our continued forays into the cybercriminal underground allowed us to see how the tactics and techniques used to attack financial organizations changed over the years.
- February 04, 2019We found a malicious app posing as Adobe Zii (a tool used to crack Adobe products) targeting macOS systems to mine cryptocurrency and steal credit card information.
- January 30, 2019In light of the massive data dump called Collection #1 and with more available for download and exchange in the underground, here are a few reminders for users and enterprises on how to mitigate threats on their personal information and enterprise assets.
- January 25, 2019We detail how a trojan spyware gathers and steals data disguised as TeamViewer, the popular file-sharing and communication program that also lets IT teams remotely access device of enterprise employees.
- January 18, 2019A new variant of the ransomware JobCrypter was observed in the wild, sending desktop screenshots of the infected machine to an email address and encrypting files twice.