Cybercrime & Digital Threats
- April 25, 2019The source code of the notorious Carbanak backdoor, which was linked to several high-profile data breaches, was found on the VirusTotal platform. What does this mean to enterprises?
- April 24, 2019Trend Micro researchers uncovered a sextortion scheme targeting Italian-speaking users. The scheme is notable in that the hackers are now also using Bitcoin Cash as one of their preferred cryptocurrencies.
- April 23, 2019Is the adoption of automation technologies the be-all and end-all of an effective cybersecurity fortress?
- April 23, 2019Ransomware's destructive impact still makes it a significant threat, with the latest spate of attacks crippling several counties and municipalities in the U.S.
- April 19, 2019A new report found that of 546,247 phishing attacks deployed against Office 365, 25% were able to bypass its security.
- April 18, 2019A ransomware family was recently spotted targeting vulnerable Samba servers: NamPoHyu Virus aka MegaLocker Virus. NamPoHyu Virus searches for publicly accessible Samba servers, brute-forces them, and runs the ransomware locally to encrypt the exposed servers.
- April 17, 2019DICOM, an international medical standard for transmitting, processing and storing medical images has been found with a flaw that can allow threat actors to embed malicious code in otherwise legitimate medical images.
- April 16, 2019A new business email compromise (BEC) scheme, where attacker tricks the recipients into rerouting paychecks by direct deposit, has emerged.
- April 15, 2019Microsoft notified affected users of a security breach caused by the compromised credentials of a support agent. Hackers were able to access email addresses, subject lines of emails, and folder names.