Cybercrime & Digital Threats
- May 22, 2019Iframe found in checkout page of Magento-powered shopping websites steals customers’ debit and credit card information via phishing.
- May 21, 2019Ransomware's persistence is perhaps best embodied by a relatively new breed of ransomware, Ryuk, which has been making waves recently with multiple incidents occurring over the past year.
- May 20, 2019Over 12,000 MongoDB databases have been deleted, with hackers demanding ransom in return for their restoration. A security researcher has connected these attacks with hacking group Unistellar.
- May 17, 2019The cybercriminal group Magecart has struck again, this time injecting their payment card data-skimming script into the subscription page of Forbes Magazine.
- May 17, 2019Cybercriminal group ScarCruft has recently developed Bluetooth device-harvesting malware that collects Bluetooth device information such as names, device addresses, device types, as well as connection and authentication information.
- May 09, 2019A sophisticated Microsoft Exchange server backdoor gives hackers access to incoming and outgoing email. They would be able to intercept, redirect, and modify emails as well as send messages on behalf of the compromised victims.
- May 08, 2019The sustained prevalence of brand impersonation in phishing attacks is further demonstrated in a new report which listed the most impersonated brands in the first quarter of 2019.
- May 07, 2019A new ransomware dubbed MegaCortex has been targeting business networks across the world. The sudden surge in activity was noted by cybersecurity firms and researchers, and further investigation shows how complex this particular ransomware is.
- May 06, 2019More than 1.5 million malicious and spam emails were sent from thousands of compromised Office 365 accounts in March 2019 alone, a new report reveals.